You must be at least 18 years old and possess the legal authority to form legally binding contracts under applicable law to use this Site and the services provided on it.
In some specific circumstances we do pass your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). Please see the section on transferring information overseas below for more information.
You have the right to access personal information held about you, and may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with the local applicable laws of your jurisdiction, any such access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information that we hold about you. You also have the right to object to any processing that is likely to cause you damage or distress and you also have the right to rectify, block, erase or destroy inaccurate data.
Provided that you have given your consent, we may use your personal information for marketing purposes. For more information on marketing and how to adjust your preferences, please see the section on marketing below.
Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
The information gathered by MFL from this Site falls into two categories: (1) information voluntarily supplied by visitors to our Site and (2) tracking information gathered as visitors navigate through our Site.
1. Information voluntarily provided by you
When using this Site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. The personal information that we collect will depend on how you choose to use this Site.
- Where you request further information
If you request further information from us, we require you to submit your name, e-mail address, the name of your organisation, and the country in which you are based so we may send you the material you have requested, and to enable us to identify if you are an existing client of MFL.
- Where you request an insurance quote
Following the quote, if you decide to proceed, we will collect personal information necessary to finalise the relevant quote and proceed with the transaction, such as your name, address, post code, contact telephone number, e-mail address, billing address or payment details, as relevant to the product. We will use your personal information to administer your policy, process claims etc. and generally manage your relationship with us. Please see the Disclosure of Your Information section for information on the categories of recipients of the personal data.
- Where you submit comments
Finally, if you submit a comment on any of the content that you view on our Site, we will ask for your name and e-mail address, so that, if you choose, we can update you by e-mail when others also comment on the content, and also so that we can moderate the comments in line with our acceptable use policy. You should be aware that the information you provide there will be made publicly available to MFL’s employees and other users of the Site.
2. Tracking/Website Navigational Information
As you navigate the Site, we may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons (collectively “Website Navigational Information”). Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked). We describe this Website Navigational Information in more detail below.
Provided that you have granted your consent, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about other services and products that are offered by MFL in the field of insurance and financial services, risk management and consulting services or our affiliated companies that we think may be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, by telephone, e-mail or other means.
Any personal information that we do collect will be at your instigation by applying for or requesting further information about any of the services that we supply, via email, for example: applying for an insurance product, finance or simply requesting a call back.
However, MFL do use Third Party Cookies to track website activity as part of our marketing efforts in the following way:
- Google Analytics
This is a web analytics service provided by Google which sets a cookie in order to generate statistical and other information, to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity.
By using the website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by the MFL website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings.
For further information regarding Google Analytics, please consult their policies on their website - http://www.google.com/analytics
Restricting cookies will not impact on the functionality of the IMI’s website.
This Site may also use web beacons (including web beacons supplied or provided by third parties) alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about users’ usage of the Site and interaction with e-mails from MFL. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular Site tied to the web beacon, and a description of a Site tied to the web beacon. We use web beacons to operate and improve the Sites and e-mail communications. We may use information from web beacons in combination with other data we have about our clients to provide you with information about MFL and our services. We will conduct this review on an anonymous basis.
Disclosure or use of your information
We may use or distribute your personal information to the extent required by law, and as described below:
- Providing Services. In the normal course of performing services for our clients, personal information may be shared within MFL for research and statistical purposes, system administration and crime prevention or detection. When you supply us with information containing third party personal information (names, addresses, or other information relating to living individuals), we will hold and use that personal information to perform general insurance and other services for you on the understanding that the individuals to whom the personal information relates have been informed of the reason(s) for obtaining the personal information and the fact that it may be disclosed to third parties.
- Agents and Service Providers. We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf, such as hosting this Site, sending e-mail messages and making phone calls on our behalf. They may have access to personal information, such as addresses, needed to perform their functions, but are restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for MFL.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information, including personal information, generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either MFL itself or substantially all of MFL assets were acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. Therefore, we may disclose and/or transfer your personal information to a third party purchaser in these circumstances.
- Legal Matters. MFL may preserve and has the right to disclose without your prior permission any personal information about you or your use of this Site if MFL has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of MFL, employees, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; or (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose personal information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Transferring information overseas
Your personal information may be transferred to any country, including countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which do not have as robust a data protection regime as those countries within the EEA, to achieve any of the purposes stated above and for systems administration.
Updating your personal information
It is important that the personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If any of your details change you can update us by amending your personal details on your account page. You can also do this by e-mailing us at email@example.com .
We have adopted the technical and organisational measures necessary to ensure the security of the personal data we collect, use and maintain, and prevent their alteration, loss, unauthorised processing or access, having regard to the state of the art, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which they are exposed by virtue of human action or physical or natural environment. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that personal information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet. We ask that you do your part by maintaining in strict confidence any computer passwords you use to access the Internet or this Site. We encourage responsible reporting of any vulnerabilities that may be found in our Sites or any application available through our Sites.
The Managing Director
McParland Finn Limited